On March 18th, 2020 the Session took the following actions in response to the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The Means of Grace will Continue
However, beginning immediately and continuing for as long as is necessary , Sunday Worship Services and Wednesday Prayer Meeting/Bible Study will be conducted online only. You can participate in the livestream at spcgreenville.org/livestream
We will Honor the Public Health Directives of Local, State and Federal Government
All non-worship church related activities that involve more than ten people are suspended until further notice.
We Need to be Innovative in Communication with One Another
The Pastors are available. The Elders are available. The Deacons are available.
The membership should remain engaged. The first thing every member should do (if you haven’t already) is set up your personal spcgreenville.org “Touchpoint” account. This is your connection (safe, personal, real time) online connection with the congregation. This link is critical to the church communicating with you effectively. It also is a way you can contribute and stay connected to the ministry of Second Presbyterian Church
Ministry Leaders will be encouraged to develop online strategies wherever possible. Staff will work with Officers and Ministry Leaders to facilitate ministry.
Essential Congregational Care will Continue Differently
This includes transitioning to different approaches:
- Koinonia Ministry (Mrs. Barnetta Stephens will update volunteers)
- Sunday School Classes/Community (Mr. Duncan will update leaders/teachers)
- CATKids (Mrs. Jill Mann will update volunteers)
- Youth Group Events (Rev Windt will coordinate new ministry to our youth & families)
- The Chancel Choir & Music Program (Mr. Smoker will update volunteers)
Suspended until further notice:
- Unnecessary Church wide Gatherings of any kind involving more than 10 people.
- Wednesday Night Supper
- Church Directed Evangelism (Downtown Bible Study, EE training, Good News Club)
- Spring Membership Class & Communicants Class
- WIC/Ladies’ Bible Studies, Circles, Fellowship
- Men’s Bible Studies
- 2020 Missions Conference
- 2020 England Summer Mission Trip