Here are the latest updates on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and steps being taken by Second Presbyterian Church.
For information about the resumption of in-person worship services and prayer meeting click here
If you have not already done so, please read Dr. Phillip’s letter to the membership and the Sessional actions below:
Precautionary Measures We’ve Taken
Changes in Life of the Congregation & Church
We are experiencing the challenges and difficulties surrounding the appearance and spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19) throughout the world. The sudden arrival of this pandemic has intruded on the peace of our lives. It is hard to know at this moment what the coming weeks and months will hold. But God’s people know that our Lord remains unchanged in His power and grace. Christians, therefore, may respond to fear and distress with the confidence of Psalm 46:7, “The Lord of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress.”
Church Events Suspended Until Further Notice:
- Church Gatherings of any kind involving more than 10 people.
- Wednesday Night Supper
- Downtown Bible Study, EE training, Good News Club
- Spring Membership Class & Communicants Class
- WIC/Ladies’ Bible Studies, Circles, Fellowship Events
- Men’s Bible Studies
- 2020 Missions Conference
- 2020 England Summer Mission Trip
For now, all Sunday Worship Services and Wednesday Prayer Meeting & Bible Study will be conducted online only.
Consider reading this month’s Tabletalk Magazine on Fear.
Please consider making your gifts to the church safely and securely online through our website:
You may also mail checks to the church:
105 River Street Greenville, SC 29601
Status of Church Programs
- Women in the Church Ministry (Mrs. McDaniel will update SPC Women)
- The Chancel Choir & Music Program (Mr. Smoker will update volunteers)
- Koinonia Ministry (Mrs. Barnetta Stephens will update volunteers)
- Sunday School Classes/Community (Mr. Duncan will update leaders/teachers)
- CATKids (Mrs. Jill Mann will update families & volunteers)
- Youth Group Events (Rev Windt will coordinate with youth & families)
Use of our Facilities by Partner Ministries (Outside Groups)
All non-Church activities are suspended until further notice. That includes all meetings, school activities, music recitals, events, and previously approved building requests. No future building use requests will be approved at this time.
How You Can Stop the Spread of Germs
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Stay home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds (see video)
- Anyone with symptoms of illness should stay home.
The following symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure: fever, cough, and shortness of breath. If you develop emergency warning signs for COVID-19 get medical attention immediately. Emergency warning signs include*:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Persistent pain or pressure in the chest
- New confusion or inability to arouse
- Bluish lips or face
*This list is not all-inclusive. Please consult your medical provider for any other symptoms that are severe or concerning.
Health and Community Resources
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Resources:
- The President’s Coronavirus Guidelines for America: 15 Days to Slow the Spread (PDF)
- How to Prepare
- How to Protect Yourself
- People at Risk for Serious Illness from COVID-19
- What To Do if You Are Sick
- EPA’s website for coronavirus including a list of disinfectants to use
- City of Greenville | https://greenvillesc.gov/438/COVID-19-Emergency-Information
- Greenville County | https://www.greenvillecounty.org/ContinuityOfGovernment.aspx
- South Carolina | https://www.scdhec.gov/infectious-diseases/viruses/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19
- WYFF | https://www.wyff4.com/article/coronavirus-carolinas-georgia-latest-on-cases-other-information-you-need-to-know/31785396
- Greenville News | https://www.greenvilleonline.com/
We want to thank our friend PCA Minister Rev. Fred Greco of Christ Church, Katy, Texas for developing much of the content on this page. https://www.cckpca.org/coronavirus
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to call the church office at (864) 232-7621.